Coconut products have been used for health, to heal, to cook to name a few for ages.
Each part of the coconut has different benefits:
– Coconut water is low in calories, cholesterol free and is very hydrating. It is made from the liquid inside the coconut. Drink it don’t cook it.
– Coconut milk is a sweetened drink, it adds a creamy richness to the meals. It is the one you want to cook with.
– Coconut cream is a very thick, fatty liquid. You can use it for the smoothies.
– Coconut oil is an edible extracted from the meat of matured coconuts. This one is particularly popular lately. We will, therefore, concentrate on the benefits of the oil.
There are three different types of coconut oil available in the stores, here is a bit of help for you to choose:
– Virgin oil. It is the purest and the best of the coconut oils. It provides the best benefits. This is the one we would recommend.
– Refined oil. This process takes away the odor and the coconut taste. It is still good but you will need a bigger quantity in order to get the same benefits as the virgin oil.
– Fractionated oil. It is used as carrier oil in cosmetics and for aromatherapy. It is processed to remove some fatty acids, so it will never go bad.
1) Teeth whitening. Take a coffee spoon of virgin oil and then rub the oil against your teeth for 10-15 minutes. Split it out and rinse your mouth. For extra cleaning, rinse it out with salty water and then brush your teeth normally. Do it 3/4 times a week. You can also soften the oil into a paste and use it as toothpaste.
2) Shaving cream. Run a generous amount of oil onto your skin. It will give you silky smooth and moisturized legs.
3) Moisturizer. Even though its oil and you might be terrified to put some oil on your face, the coconut oil will hydrate your skin really well and leave a smooth finish on your skin. Put it in your mixer and its going to be the best moisturizer you ever had. Your skin will be moisturized and glowing.
4) Cleanser. Coconut oil is a great ingredient to make your own all-natural face cleaner. Use a teaspoon of coconut oil, warn it up in your (clean) hands, rub it into your face, rinse a clean cloth in warm water and let the cloth sit on your face for 30 seconds. Wipe the oil of your face with it.
5) Scrub. You can make one for the body and the face. For the body scrub, mix the coconut oil with brown sugar. Coconut oil has anti-fungal proprieties so it also make a great foot scrub. For your face, mix the coconut oil with baking soda.
6) Eye make up remover. Use a small amount of coconut oil on the tips of your fingers. Rub in circles, wipe off with cotton. It will moisturize your eyes and lashes.
7) Lip balm. Rub it against your lips to moisturize them.
8) Hair spritz. Add 2-3 teaspoons of coconut oil into an empty spray bottle; fill it up with warm water. Your hair will feel and look healthier and will smell really good too.
9) Hair mask. There are a lot of recipes available on the Internet for hair masks with coconut water. You can find some on Pinterest. If you mix 1 teaspoon of honey with 4 teaspoons of coconut oil, you will create a great hair mask that will repair, moisturize damaged hair.
10) Conditioner. Rub a small amount of coconut oil and apply it to your hair from root to end. Comb through it and put it in a bun before bed. Wash your hair in the morning. Your hair will be soft and shiny.
11) Deodorant. Create an all-natural deodorant without aluminium. Use a pinch of coconut oil and a drop of essential oil like lemon or lavender.
12) Cuticle cream. Rub the coconut oil in the cuticle beds and over your hands, For the best result, you can apply it at night, put some gloves on during the night and wash your hands in the morning.
13) Stretch mark. Coconut oil will help you get rid of the stretch marks on your body. It will nourish, moisturize your body. You can add essential oil to it to leave a good smell. (Neroli for example as anti-aging proprieties).
14) Clear acne. Coconut oil is a great natural remedy to banish acne due to its powerful antibacterial, anti fungal and antimicrobial proprieties that naturally combat acne and pimples.
15) Homemade sunscreen. Coconut oil is a great after sun moisturizer for sunburn and even any kind of small burn care. To heal it you need to keep the sunburn moisturized.
There are lots of recipes that you can make at home with coconut oil. The benefits of the coconuts oil are not only beauty related; you can use coconut oil around the house to clean, to cook or even for your pets.
Lots of research has been made around the coconut benefits. The oil but also the water has proven amazing results on the body. Have you tried it yet?